When water damage strikes your Austin area residential or commercial property, it can throw lives and businesses into chaos. Flooding from extreme weather conditions and plumbing problems cause severe short-term and long-lasting consequences. Personal memorabilia can be destroyed. Business materials and inventory can be lost, and possibly customers and revenue, too.
Time is of the essence when you are hit with flooding that causes water damage that homes and businesses can experience from heavy rains or broken water pipes. The longer you wait to get rid of the water and clean the affected areas, the more you increase the risk of making things worse and more costly.
With Austin Rains – Plumbing Problems Cause Water Damage
If your toilet overflows or your basement sees minor flooding from heavy rain, there are steps you can take to clean the area of the water and health risks and prevent significant damage to your property. However, when a pipe bursts or a Texas-sized rain bring substantial flooding to the Austin area, you can wind up doing more harm than good if you try to clean up and fix the damage on your own.
One of the first things to do when your Austin home has experienced significant water damage is to call All Nation Restoration, a local professional water remediation company with a reputation for providing comprehensive water restoration services. There are steps you can take before and after water damage occurs to minimize damage, but only experts in water remediation techniques and processes can make sure the entire area affected is thoroughly cleaned and returned to normal without risking the safety of the property and the people in it.
What to Do First If Your Home Floods
Austin, TX is a beautiful city that sees sunny skies and spectacular days throughout the year. It does not rain too often in Austin, but when it does, look out. Thunderstorms and heavy rains that roll through central Texas bring the danger of significant flooding and water damage that affect homes and businesses throughout Austin.
There is no time to waste when your property has experienced water damage. Urgently taking necessary steps can save personal and business items, prevent further damage and eliminate personal health risks.
· Safety First: Emergency situations involving excess water can pose a number of hazards for those in the immediate area, not the least of which is the presence of live electrical currents. Proceed cautiously making a determination which areas are safe to be in and evacuate any areas that appear unstable or hazardous.
· Stop the Water Flow: If a water pipe bursts the constant flow of water will continue to flood in and cause damage until the main water valve is shut off. Make sure everyone in the house or business knows where it is and how to shut it off. Quickly stopping the flow of water will reduce the amount of water damage Austin homes and businesses will suffer.
· Call a Professional: All Nation Restoration is a highly respected local company specializing in water damage Austin residents trust. Trained, experienced technicians are available for 24/7 emergency services whenever your home or business is hit with water damage.
We will survey your property, assess the damage, and perform expert, affordable processes to clean up and get the affected areas back to normal. All Nation Restoration offers the kind of professional services for water extraction Austin TX has relied on for years.
· Turn Everything Off: Water and electricity is a dangerous combination. Once the flooded rooms are secured, shut down your main electrical breakers and unplug all appliances and electronics around the affected area. However, never step in water or unplug anything submerged in water.
Plugging up sinks, toilets, showers, and any other drain accesses will prevent sewer backup and additional flooding. Running heating or air conditioning systems can spread bacteria, mold, or other potentially harmful particulates that water damage can bring.
· Move Valuables: Items left wet or in standing water can cause permanent damage, destroying valuable things in your home or business. When it is safe to do so, move personal items to a dry area. Furniture, electronics, artwork, clothing, and other irreplaceable personal items can be saved by getting them out of the area as soon as possible.
As tempting as it may be, do not throw any damaged items away. Anything destroyed by water damage may be needed during the flood insurance claims process.
· Wash Everything: From the clothes you are wearing when dealing in flooded areas to washing your hands regularly, cleaning is the best way to prevent the spread of harmful bacteria associated with standing water and sewage.
· File a Claim with Your Insurance Company: The insurance claim process for flooding and water damage can be long and complicated. The sooner you file a claim, the sooner you can get any compensation coming to you.
Relief from Water Damage
Containing and cleaning up water damage from major flooding or a water main break can be a major hassle, costing you money, valuable items, or even customers and business revenue. All Nation Restoration has years of experience in providing relief for Austin homes and businesses that experience water damage. We will partner with you to come up with the best, quickest, and most cost-efficient solutions for your unique situation.
Water damage from weather extremes or plumbing incidents can happen at any time. From a backup sink or toilet to a significant water pipe accident or a Texas-sized rainstorm, flooding can ruin property and pose serious health risks to anyone in the vicinity.
If your Austin home has sustained water damage in a flood or plumbing problem, the water restoration experts at All Nation Restoration will have your property back to normal in no time at all. Call us today for a free estimate for water damage Austinites have come to rely on.